Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Kingston

Kingston is an interesting city, just north of NYC.  It's rich in history and, among other things, was the first capital of New York - in 1777!

I visited recently on a dreary day.  The overcast sky and early spring air enhanced many old architectural details around the waterfront.

You can tell the green leaves, grass and vines are itching to burst all around this house:

Kingston

I liked this mosaic in a doorway.

Saltzmann

And, nearby, a beautiful blue door.

Blue door

Better watch those children!

Kingston

My eye is always drawn to places like this - does anyone live there?  What's it's story?

Kingston

See more photos of Kingston on my Flickr page.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos and that last building is certainly intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Marty.  It's such an interesting area, especially the historical district, where you can find buildings that date back to the 1600s.  

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to get out of the city.  Much as I'm bound to it, you need to go beyond it occasionally & see what else is out there!  When I do, I feel silly that I don't travel so much as I did. I like river towns like this.  These are really nice photographs, & the tile is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete