Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Mars way...dive in

And now, the end is near,
And so I face the final curtain.
My friends, I'll say it clear;
I'll state my case of which I'm certain.

I've lived a life that's full -
I've travelled each and every highway.
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets? I've had a few,
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

I planned each charted course -
Each careful step along the byway,
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew,
When I bit off more than I could chew,
But through it all, when there was doubt,
I ate it up and spit it out.
I faced it all and I stood tall
And did it my way.

I've loved, I've laughed and cried,
I've had my fill - my share of losing.
But now, as tears subside,
I find it all so amusing.

To think I did all that,
And may I say, not in a shy way -
Oh no. Oh no, not me.
I did it my way.

For what is a man? What has he got?
If not himself - Then he has naught.
To say the things he truly feels
And not the words of one who kneels.
The record shows I took the blows
And did it my way.

Yes, it was my way.

-- Frank Sinatra


The end is near

A new Mars art show will go up this Sunday, May 22 (for those of us left behind after the Rapture), so come on out for what may very well be the LAST art show at Mars.

Until then, here's Sid to bid us farewell (you can also hear this one on the Mars jukebox):



Direct YouTube link.

4 comments:

  1. Nice tribute, Goggla! The Sid touch at the end is perfect. I truly hate to see the end of the Mars Bar, but I'm so thankful to have spent some time in there and am grateful for every person I've met and laughed with in there. To the Mars Bar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here here.

    And Goggla, again, I love your photos so much. Thank you for documenting the End Times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be true to yourself-- and do it my way. Lovely tribute. I will be by at Mars Bar tomorrow to check out the last art show. What time does it start?? OMG-another one bites the dust!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Melanie - I'm not sure of the exact time, but they usually start hanging around 3pm. I plan to be there around that time.

    ReplyDelete