Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Chillmaster

A big Thank You to Marty After Dark for introducing me to the Chillmaster.  Just when I think the neighborhood is slipping into an abyss of anonymity and blandness, I am reminded that there are still a lot of people out there who make up the body and soul of this city, and who shall go down in history as being awesome individuals.

This all started in the comments section of a post over at EV Grieve.  Seeing how so many other people were familiar with this guy and his famous window, I became intrigued and wanted to know how I, too, could lead the life of a Chillmaster.  So, when the opportunity came to pay him a visit, I jumped at the chance.

Getting started...

The party begins...

The party starts with Marty pouring the Hennessey and the Chillmaster blasting Papa Was a Rollin' Stone on the stereo.

Next, a lot of chillin'...

Chillin' with the Chillmaster

The best part of being in the Chillmaster's place is seeing all the people who come to the window.  I lost track of how many times people passed and shouted, "Hey, it's the Chillmaster!"  No one leaves the window without laughing and smiling.

At the window of Chillmaster

More pics on my Flickr page.


To fully appreciate the chillin' atmosphere, you have to hear the music.



Thank you, Chillmaster, for sharing your home, music and time with us.  It was a blast!

The Chillmaster

See more photos of the Chillmaster from One More Folded SunsetNeither More Nor Less and Single Linds Reflex.

5 comments:

  1. It was a great day to be alive in New York City! Thanks to you and Ed and everybody that came along, lots of fun and chilling! And your video is great! I'll put up a link on my post tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your post, Goggla! The video is fantastic, really captured the evening well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Goggla!! Especially love that last photograph of Chillmaster!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to get more views , especially a little video goggla . Still pics just don't do it .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice. I love the last photo too. Great shot.

    ReplyDelete