Sunday, June 27, 2010

Roy

I originally started this site with the intention of recording a particular street corner - 2nd Avenue and 1st Street - each morning.  The inspiration came from the man I found there every morning sitting in the sun in front of Mars Bar, reading the paper or doing the crossword.  He was my constant - as the wall behind him changed almost daily, the man remained the same.  I took it for granted that he'd be there every morning, thinking as long as Mars Bar stood, he'd be there, too.

Mars Bar in the Morning VII

Mars Bar in the Morning V

Mars Bar in the Morning III

Mars Bar in the Morning I

Mars Bar in the Morning II

Mars Bar in the Morning X

Mars Bar at Mid-day II

Mars Bar in the Morning VI

Mars Bar BBQ

RIP Roy

Related post: Is there life after Mars?

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful shots and a nice tribute. R.I.P. Roy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are beautiful. I did not know Roy but this is a lovely tribute to him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice picture, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete