Thursday, November 8, 2007

Remembrance of things past



Out with the trash, originally uploaded by Goggla.
I took a walk around the meatpacking district the other day. I haven't been over there in quite a while and was shocked (although not really surprised) to find a giant high-rise going up right in the middle of some of the oldest storefronts.

In this photo, my back is to the new building and I am looking at a place whose glory days have long gone. The late afternoon sun was shining right on the "B" on the wall and it just gave me the feeling of time passing...too quickly for me to stop and way beyond my control.

3 comments:

  1. thanks for the smart comments--and your photos are great. post more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, J&K - this was actually taken in Nov 2007, just as the foundation for the Standard was being poured. This sidewalk used to be a favorite stretch of mine (wonderful afternoon light, blue walls), but I can't bear to walk over there any more.

    ReplyDelete